Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Snack Mix

I have all these wonderful posts for you after my baking and snack frenzy I went on for the holidays and my camera cord is no were to be found. Seriously. It's such a horrible thing. I went and ordered a new one because I don't know where it is. Hopefully it gets here soon so I can continue my posting.

I remember having it a week ago and I think it will turn up so I just keep waiting, and looking, and waiting. I have this thing called "Baby Brain". I never believe all my friends that claimed this existed. Whenever they talked about being pregnant and forgetful I just thought to myself, "Oh sure it's just an excuse so you can blame it on something."

WELL was I wrong! My hubby asked if I'd found it...I informed him no. He told me to look next to the buttons and my bonus check from work, as I have lost those too.

Bet my mind is right next too them!

Ok enough about me and my forgetfulness. This recipe is wonderful. I always make it around Christmas time, but it would be great for a snack anytime. The recipe was handed down to me but my Grandma and Great Aunt Eunice. Now even my sister-in-law recognizes this snack mix for a holiday treat. When it graced my mom's table she was saying "Ohhh that yummy snack mix!".

Plus it simple. I mean it uses a grocery bag to mix it in so there's hardly any clean up involved. I'm telling you my Grandma was a genius to snap this one up!


Snack Mix

Ingredients
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. white syrup
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

3 c. Crispix
3 c. Golden Grahams
3 c. Capt Crunch
3 c. Pretzel Sticks
3 c. Peanuts

2 c. M&M's
2 c. Raisins

1. Combine butter, white syrup, brown sugar and salt in 2 qt bowl. Microwave 2 min, stir and microwave another 2 minutes.

2. Add baking soda and vanilla, mix well. Pour over cereal mix in a large paper grocery bag.

3. Roll top down and microwave 1 1/2 min. Shake. Microwave another minute.

4. Add M&M's and raisins. Shake again. Spread on wax paper to cool.

5. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home